Funeral Arrangement Guide
Arranging a Funeral
We will tailor a funeral service to meet you and your family’s wishes and to comply with the law. Here is a brief guide to the kind of support and range of services you can expect from us…………..
After discussing your requirements, we will take detailed instructions concerning the services and facilities to be provided and then act to ensure the funeral is dignified and that all aspects are delivered to the highest professional standards.
It is important to emphasise that the services outlined here will not always be provided automatically and this list is by no means exhaustive. However this should provide a good place to start:
- Arrange a date and time for the funeral, according to your instructions. We will contact the church, cemetery or crematorium and/or the person who will be conducting the service, to arrange a mutually convenient date and time.
- Transfer the deceased from the place of death, or from the location to which the deceased has been taken, to our premises, provide practical assistance to allow the deceased to remain at home prior to the funeral, if this is what you request.
- Provide facilities for viewing of the deceased prior to the funeral, according to your wishes.
- Provide the necessary vehicles and staff to conduct the funeral with dignity and professionalism, in accordance with your instructions.
- Deal with all necessary paperwork to enable burial or cremation to take place.
- Place death notices in local and/or national newspapers.
- Make arrangements for the subsequent disposal of the remains following a cremation.
- Liaise with the officiant to provide Order of Service sheets at the funeral service
- Record the names of those attending the funeral in order to provide you with a list afterwards.
- Order floral tributes on behalf of the deceased’s family and/or friends and colleagues.
- Accept and care for floral tributes delivered to our premises prior to the funeral.
- Accept donations for a nominated charity in lieu of flowers on your behalf, providing you with a list of those who have donated after the funeral.
- Arrange for transfer of the deceased or the cremated remains to another area of the country, or repatriation overseas, for a subsequent funeral or disposal, in accordance with your wishes.
- Place “Thank You” and acknowledgement notice, or obituary notices in local newspapers following the funeral.
- Provide information on how to arrange a pre-paid funeral plan.
- Offer a choice of coffins and caskets to suit a range of budgets and individual choice.